In order to install WHMCS billing platform the license key is required.
Innovative Hosting Corporation provides WHMCS licenses at Rs. 599/mo. If you need one, feel free to contact our Hosting Billing Department via ticket system.
There are two ways how to install WHMCS billing platform:
1. WHMCS installation via Softaculous script installer
2. Manual WHMCS installation
WHMCS installation via Softaculous script installer
You can install WHMCS with the help of Softaculous script installer if you have one in your cPanel control panel.
Manual WHMCS installation
This installation file can be used for the manual WHMCS installation
Need to take into account that WHMCS is encrypted using loncube to protect the source code. If you use cPanel control panel, you already have loncube enabled on your server. If you find you do need to install Ioncube on your server, then you can find out how to do this in this Ioncube Installation Tutorial
The following steps will guide you through the process:
1. Unzip the contents of the zip file to a folder on your computer
2. Rename the file configuration.php.new to configuration.php
3. Upload the entire whmcs folder to your website – if you experience problems, try uploading in binary mode
4. Next you can rename the folder to whatever you like (billing, clients, etc…)
5. Now visit the installation script at http://www.yourdomain.com/whmcs/install/install.php to run the installer process – if you get an Ioncube related error message, see the installation Ioncube steps above
6. Follow the instructions on screen to install which will involve setting file permissions as listed below, entering your license key and setting up your primary admin account
7. When complete, delete the install folder from your web server and CHMOD the configuration.php file back to 644.
Required file & folders permissions (unless your php is suPHP or PHPSuExec):
/configuration.php CHMOD 777 Writeable
/attachments CHMOD 777 Writeable
/downloads CHMOD 777 Writeable
/templates_c CHMOD 777 Writeable
Post Installation Suggested Steps
After installation is completed, we recommend that you go through and configure your new WHMCS system in the following order:
1. Login to the Admin Area and configure your General Settings (Setup > General Settings )
2. Setup your Payment Gateways (Setup > Payment Gateways )
3. Setup your Products & Services (Setup > Products and Services )
4. Configure your Domain Pricing (Setup > Domain Pricing )
5. Setup your Support Ticket Departments (Setup > Support Departments )
6. Setup email piping so you can manage tickets using the WHMCS Support Desk – for full instructions on this please see the Email Piping article
7. Ensure the WHMCS Cron Job is setup and configure automated tasks (Setup > Automation Settings )
8. Place some test orders on your website to check everything works as expected